II. LET THY LOVE FOR ARTS UNVEIL

6:37 AM



Stick figures. Stick figures. Stick figures. 

"I can't draw. I have no talent in Arts. I'm hopeless." These were my favorite lines when I was in my elementary. Every time our teacher tells us to draw something for our activity or school project, I always end up drawing stick figures. Believe it or not, I'm really hopeless in this kind of craft. Haha 

But I have something that I would like to share in this entry of mine. Even though I'm not that good with this stuff(Arts) when I was in my elementary, I am very eager to learn. I don't want to be stuck making stick figures in my entire life(Haha). Making different artworks is one of my dreams. 






So I started to search in the net on how can I start making 'good' drawings first. I decided to start drawing anime characters. As I was browsing the net, I also  look for a quote to motivate me in pursuing my 'dream'. "Every child is an artist."- is one of the quotes that I always keep in my mind. It gives me hope that I will also a good artist someday- that I can also draw different figures and artworks and I will not draw stick figures anymore. That was my dream when I was in elementary. Unfortunately, I started to give up this dream of mine. 

Then high school came, I was second year high school to be exact, it became a life-changing moment for me. Someone came in our school- an Art teacher, Sir Jet Barile. It was the first time that an art teacher applied in our school. I was excited when I heard about it. Finally, someone will help not only me but also the students who are interested to enhance their hidden talent and push their imagination to its limits.I am not exaggerating, but I always and will always believe that he is an angel sent from heaven. He is a gift from God that I will always be thankful of. He changed everyone's belief(including myself) that we will never be an artist. 

I remember our first class, we were still a bit shock(or should I say I'm the only one) that we'll be having our FIRST ART CLASS. We started to do some exercises like doing different "Lines and Curves" in our sketch pads. Though it was just easy, I'm a bit scared on what sir Jet will comment about my work. Guess what, I got a high score. Yay for me! It was such an achievement. Haha

 I would also like to share one of my unforgettable moments in our art class. I suppose that it was our 3rd meeting, so yeah as I was saying, he let us draw faces using different lines and curves but he'll pick a paper that contains different kinds of lines and curves from a bowl that he prepared. So I started to draw and after I finished my work, I realized that what it was very horrible and funny( sorry I like to show you my artwork but unfortunately I can't find my old sketch pad). I thought I was the only one who had a terrible drawing but after I saw my friends' sketch pads "I knew I not the only one." Oh boy, after we drew our artworks our teacher said that what we drew is OURSELVES. We kept laughing at our works and that made our day fun. Aww those days... *sigh*

After 3 years of having Art classes, I am proud to say that I made bunch of artworks: from coffee painting, oil pastel, and acrylic painting.  These are some of them.


3rd year highschool
Art Exhibit: Beyond Colors
Oil pastel: The Lighthouse 
3rd year highschool
Art Exhibit: Beyond Colors
Oil Pastel: Itsukushima Shinto Shrine

4th year highschool
Art exhibit:  Spectrum
Acrylic Painting:  Beyond Horizon

4th year highschool
Art exhibit: Spectrum
Expressionism (Acrylic Painting)
The Last Dance (The Ballerina)


Stick figures. Stick figures. Stick figures. That was the only thing I draw when I was in elementary and look what I did as time passed by. This was once a dream that came true. I hope you learn something from my experience. I hope you enjoyed reading this entry. 
P.S. Thanks to my 'mentor' Tatay Jet, hope you'll read this blog entry. Haha 




"If you dream of something, work hard for it and it will come true."

---





You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook