V. PERSPECTIVE: ANG TATAY MONG KALBO

5:57 AM




It was my first time to watched a kind of theatrical play that has a genre of Absurdity. I had seen a lot of theatrical plays back then like from my elementary and highschool days but I have never watched a play that is about absurdity. I have a lot of comments that I would like to share regarding to this play.

First of all is where  the event was held: the stage and materials/props they've used. I am amazed by how they prepared the stage and all, it was very STUNNING like I got the feels that the play we were about to watch is really mysterious or what they called "KATAKATAKA". The ambiance of the play is really got my interest. 




Second thing that I like to comment about this play is the characters. They really brought their characters well. They really prepared for this play and all. They got the attention of their audience. I really like how they managed to not laugh even though there are a lot of funny scenes in the play. I know that trying not to laugh when having a funny scene in a play not that easy because I also got that kind of situation back in highschool.  So back to what I was commenting on, the characters. 



There is one character that I will not forget and it is Maria, the maid of Mr. & Mrs. Santos, he or should I say "she" really performed well like all of the characters did but what "she" did in the stage really made me 'laugh my ass out' feeling.  Her character is really funny and that's all I can comment on because the whole play I was really laughing out loud. I think she's a natural actor she delivered her lines well and her character made an impact to the audience. 



I also love how Ms. Santos brought justice to her character. It somehow made me feel nostalgic of my high school days because I got the chance to perform in a stage play production of our school,the play was entitled New Yorker in Tondo. I was the mother of the main character and I'm a "trying-hard-kikay-mother" in the story. Ah, one of my memorable experience back when I was in high school.  Ms. Santos' character remind me of my role back then, we have quite the same similarities in performing on stage.

All in all the characters did well and I think that Teatre Phileo have good actors and actresses. A two thumbs up to all of you.

Last thing that I like to comment on is the whole play itself. I know some of the audience really don't get the essence of the play but yeah, that's the reality and it's an Absurd play theme, so basically you really won't get the play itself. From the title you'll get mind blown because you thought that the 'The Tatay Mong Kalbo' didn't appeared, not even once. Not at all, but once you get the knowledge of what Absurdity is about you'll know it's just random stuff, a repetitive like story and other stuff. The play is not really a NONSENSE play because its focus is to make the audience enjoy what they are watching and to entertain them and I would like to say that I got the chance to watched this kind of play.


 Well done, Teatre Phileo. I hope, I would have a chance to get into your org. Haha  





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Caryl,
    As the Teatro adviser for the longest time, I have watched all the theater productions and one of them was New Yorker in Tondo. The lead was my student and it was her first starring role on stage. She did very well. As I told the Teatro group, the production of Ang Tatay mong Kalbo was very good from cast to set design. Am very proud of them.

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook